Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: Spinal and Stomach Pain?

1456145 - Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:12 am

For the past 3 days I have been having some weird symptoms, and I am not sure why. The middle of my spine gets these sudden achy pains that last for a few minutes. The ribs connecting to that part of my spine also hurt where they connect and just past that part. The upper part of my stomach also has the same achy feeling that coincides with my spinal pain. The pain has been getting worse, and now tonight I have been having the feeling of nausea. I noticed if I lie down or lean back in a chair it will hurt, but if I sit without support it is fine. About a week ago, I was lifting heavy boxes and the lower part of my spine hurt after awhile, but it is not the same part that hurts now. Could this have helped cause the pain I am having? And does this sound familiar to anyone? I am not sure if I sure be worried about it or not.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:19 am

User avatar Hello 1456145,

There are a few possibilities. It may be that you have a pinched nerve from your initial back injury. This may also be due to a stomach virus or possibly reflux.

If your symptoms are not improving I would recommend you see your doctor to have this further evaluated.

|