News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: Nerve Damage or Heart Related arm pain?

Cowboy1978 - Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:13 pm

Hello everyone. I have recently been having some left arm pain, and I know that it can be a sign of something with the heart. It is the weekend, so I don't have a doctors office open. I have had absolutely no chest pain, just arm pain. It isn't really even that bad of a pain, it just won't go away. It has been here for about two days, maybe three. It is an achey kind of pain, Mainly from my elbow down to my hand (even into my fingers). There isn't any tingling or numbness, so that's why it scared me that it's not nerve related because isn't there usually tingling with nerve pain? It's not a muscular pain, I've had those before. Could it be a vascular issue? I did some researching online before I came here to see if I could find anything so I didn't have to waste you kind peoples time, but couldn't seem to find much other than blood flow problem, nerve issue, heart issue, but I don't know. If there are any suggestions I would truly appreciate it. I will go to the doctor on monday if it's still here.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:49 pm

User avatar Hello Cowboy1978,

The location of your pain with no other symptoms makes a cardiac problem less likely. It may be that you have some compression of a nerve further down in your arm (rather than at your spinal cord) causing your problems. A vascular problem could potentially cause this type of pain but would be much less common than a nerve problem causing a little atypical pain.

Seeing your doctor is a good idea.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here