Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: Chronic Lower and upper back pain help please!

tbolt8 - Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:06 pm

First i just want to thank whoever for taking the time to respond to my post. Ok about 3 years ago i threw my back out doing heavy lifting for my job. ever since then my back has been constantly hurting and about 2 days a week i can barely get out of the bed and it hurts like crazy when i lay on my living room floor flat. the reason im posting here is because i'm only 23 years old so i don't think if i went to go see a doctor that they would do much, i think they would think that im just trying to acquire drugs from them. also i don't have any medical insurance. im out of ideas on what to do and i just want and NEED help. ive never been to a doctor for back pain or any other kind of pain and i just don't know what to do because i cant take it no more its ruining my life! thank you.
 John Kenyon, CNA - Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:06 pm

Lack of insurance can be a huge hurdle sometimes, but when your health is the tradeoff then you need to bit the bullet. You injured your back and now, probably due to accomodation of the original injury you've gotten things more out of alignment. These things rarely get better on their own, as I take it you're now learning. Please do see a doctor and try not to anticipate the reaction due to your age. All ages of people can have painful orthopedic injuries, happens all the time. Exotic pain meds may not be required. Perhaps a local steroid injection, physical therapy, maybe even surgery, would resolve this. There's rarely a need to resort to opiods up front. Many a patient goes into the orthopedist's in agony only to walk out a half-hour later feeling one hundred per cent better because of a well-placed steroid injection. Sometimes muscle relaxants are all that's needed.

Please give medicine a chance and allow yourself an opportunity to think clearly without so much chronic pain. It's more than worth it.

Please follow up with us here. Good luck to you.

|