Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: Long term pain treatment

Luminol - Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:17 am

Just wondering what the optoins were. I have been seeing a spinal specialist for about a year and recently he decided to no longer perscribe any medication for pain. He was sighting quality of life issues saying I could have erection problems constipation and some other things. Are there any other things other than drugs that can be done to manage pain. I have done physical theropy and continue to even though it seems to hurt more. The doctor told me I need to learn to live with pain. I find that unacceptable. My pain on an average day is 3 or 5 on a bad day I strugle to get out of bed. He did MRI and CTT scans also X-rays and doesn't see anything abnormal but I am not crazy. Something is causing this. So what do I do.
 Bam - Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:38 pm

Keep persuing your cause to find out whats really going on. You should check into a pain management clinic and go from there. I have been on narcotics for almost a year now taking 6 10/325 percosets a day and 30 mg of morphine 3 a day. Being on narcotics long term has it negatives and overall is not good. Even the persuit of trying to find out whats wrong can be exhausting all in itself, but don't give up. I am in the same boat as you and still clinging on and try to make the best out of everyday ~Bam

|