Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: LOWER BACK PAIN

danni29 - Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:37 am

hi, i have been having terrible pain on and off for about a week now. pain feels around the tail bone( or coccyx), down to my anus.
has anyone had lower back pain down to the anus before?? getting worried, although doctor gave me an internal to check for abcess, but was all clear.
he gave me a strong pain killer to help with the pain.
when i get up in the morning the pain has gone, but after an hour or so it returns!!
beginning to think its more of a back problem than antything else. just don't know if it should feel werid down near the anus?!!( highly emabarresing)
 Theresa Jones, RN - Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:30 am

User avatar Hi danni29,
My apologies for the delayed reply. My concern is, was there anything done besides a physical exam? For example, an xray, MRI, etc.? Disorders in the lower back may cause pain that radiates down in these areas. If the above mentionen testing was not completed and the pain is still persisting I would suggest that you contact your physician and inform him/her that the pain has not subsided. I hope this is helpful and again I apologize for the delayed reply.

|