News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   



Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

Forum Name: Bone trauma and fractures

Question: possible broken foot

 pats - Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:03 pm

I was skateboarding today and i jumped down some stairs and my right foot landed on the pavement and twisted inward. It now has minimal swelling on the right side of the center of the foot and has pain when i walk. i can not run at all and have small trouble walking. is this probably a bruised, sprained, or broken foot? should i go see a doctor? Please answer.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:05 am

User avatar Hi pats,
Bruising, strains and breaks all cause swelling. Generally speaking when a bone is broken, you have a throbbing pain. The only way to know for sure though is by xray.


Check a doctor's response to similar questions


advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application


 advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)



Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2016
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information:
verify here.