News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

Forum Name: Bone trauma and fractures

Question: Possible Fracture?

Kayte - Mon May 19, 2003 8:44 pm

:?
I got hit with a softball 5/2. I got hit in the shin. I still have a large bruise. And it hurts to stand on. I am wondering if I could have cracked, or chipped the bone. I would think it would have healed by now. It has been almost 3 weeks. There is still a huge bruise, and the pain has intesified. It is swellon too. But my mom said that the whole leg would be swellon is this true?

My doctor just looked at it and said it was just a large bruise. No x-ray. Told me to put heat on the bruise, to help it reabsorb it self.

I did make an appointment to go see an orthopedic.
What do you think?[/code]
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Wed May 21, 2003 10:30 pm

User avatar Dear Kayte,

i think that you did the right thing because there has been no improvement for 3 weeks.

Thank you very much for using our website http://doctorslounge.com

Yasser Mokhtar, M.D.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here