Question: Possible Fracture?

Kayte - Mon May 19, 2003 8:44 pm

:?
I got hit with a softball 5/2. I got hit in the shin. I still have a large bruise. And it hurts to stand on. I am wondering if I could have cracked, or chipped the bone. I would think it would have healed by now. It has been almost 3 weeks. There is still a huge bruise, and the pain has intesified. It is swellon too. But my mom said that the whole leg would be swellon is this true?

My doctor just looked at it and said it was just a large bruise. No x-ray. Told me to put heat on the bruise, to help it reabsorb it self.

I did make an appointment to go see an orthopedic.
What do you think?[/code]
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Wed May 21, 2003 10:30 pm

User avatar Dear Kayte,

i think that you did the right thing because there has been no improvement for 3 weeks.

Thank you very much for using our website http://doctorslounge.com

|