News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: swallowing affected by brack

R.i.p.p.e.r. - Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:26 am

i feel something on my spine, about half-way down my back. everytime i swallow it seems to get stuck at this point, before slowly continuing down. the pain is there constantly but is not severe or restrictive in any way. also since this has began (about 3 days ago), the top-back of my throat has became sore. it feels as though something (a nerve?) is may be trapped and as such is affecting my eating. I find it hard to eat a lot as the constant trapping of the food down the throat makes it hard to eat. any advice possible as to what this condition is, and/or how to fix it?
 Dr. A. Saif - Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:12 am

User avatar Dear R.I.P.P.E.R.

Back problems do not cause the symptoms you are describing. This could be due to an oesophagial stricture, or reflux oesophagitis. Rarely problems outside your oesophagus can also cause such symptoms...but I would suggest that you seek FORMAL medical advice, perhaps an endoscopy and chest X-ray SOON. I have to confess I am not a gastro-enterologist, though. While we have a gastero-enterology forum, I would suggest that you would need better evaluation than can be done on-line.

Regards

Saif

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here