News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

Forum Name: Degenerative Bone Diseases

Question: Pain in head and between shoulders every week since 2002

Ruth Shellon - Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:25 pm

On average of twice per week,I have had ongoing headaches, coupled with neck pain, which is just above the center of my shoulder blades since 2002. I was involved in a vehicle rollover accident in 2002. I have seen several doctors about this. I have also had intermittent episodes of numbness on the right side of my face and around my ear.
I am exhausted and this is a real problem; Yet noone comes up with an conclusion, even after MRI's, X-Rays, and nerve conduction tests. Any thoughts about where to go now?
 Tom Plamondon PA-C - Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:24 pm

User avatar Hello,
This is a difficult case because all the scans are negative yet symptoms still persist. At this point since the nerves, bones, and intervertebral discs are intact (per imaging results), then you can feel safe to rehabilitate the area. This is often done via physical therapy.
Sometimes we can't give a specific diagnosis but can only rule out certain serious causes and then give reassurance and treat the symptoms.
Take care and let us know how it goes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here