News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: Lower right back pain Radiating to Leg

LilBit556 - Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:12 pm

Hi
I am a female 24 years old with a history of Diamond Black Fan Anemia.
I recently wrecked my dirtbike and have been having severe back pain that has been radiating to my right leg. My leg feels like someone is sticking pins and needles into it. I have been having like a burning sensation in my leg to and it has been going numb.
 Tom Plamondon PA-C - Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:09 am

User avatar Hello,
With a traumatic injury to your back causing pins and needles, burning, and numbness into a lower limb, I would immediately recommend an xray and a clinical neurological evaluation. With as many neurological symptoms present, I would be concerned about a fracture in the spine causing nerve damage or a disc herniation.

(An MRI may also be needed to see the discs and nerve tissue in the back.)

Thanks for writing in and let us know how it goes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here