Question: injured top of foot

lori_lu86 - Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:15 pm

About an hour ago, the top of my right foot was rocked over by a "Nintendo chair"(a rocking chair that sits on the ground). The pressure applied to my foot was about 150 pounds. I really don't think that my foot is broken, however it hurts slightly when I point my toes. There appears to be a damaged vein that is swollen in one spot and much more blue. From this same area on my foot, I am experiencing a mild throbbing sensation accompanied by a numb/stiff feeling. I had my foot elevated for a while, but that seemed to make it throb more. I also wonder if I may have hurt a ligament?? Thank you sincerely for your help.
 Tom Plamondon PA-C - Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:20 pm

Trauma to the top of the foot can cause bruising, swelling, and pain. The numbness and tingling can be from the swelling or from trauma to superficial nerves.

Pain with pointing the toes makes sense as the top of the foot structures were traumatized.

If the symptoms do not lessen with rest, ice, compression (ACE wrap for swelling) and elevation if tolerated for swelling, then see a physician for evaluation including x-ray.

NSAIDS may also help.

lori_lu86 - Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:20 am

great! thank you so much!

|