News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

Forum Name: Bone trauma and fractures

Question: injured top of foot

lori_lu86 - Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:15 pm

About an hour ago, the top of my right foot was rocked over by a "Nintendo chair"(a rocking chair that sits on the ground). The pressure applied to my foot was about 150 pounds. I really don't think that my foot is broken, however it hurts slightly when I point my toes. There appears to be a damaged vein that is swollen in one spot and much more blue. From this same area on my foot, I am experiencing a mild throbbing sensation accompanied by a numb/stiff feeling. I had my foot elevated for a while, but that seemed to make it throb more. I also wonder if I may have hurt a ligament?? Thank you sincerely for your help.
 Tom Plamondon PA-C - Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:20 pm

User avatar Hello,
Trauma to the top of the foot can cause bruising, swelling, and pain. The numbness and tingling can be from the swelling or from trauma to superficial nerves.

Pain with pointing the toes makes sense as the top of the foot structures were traumatized.

If the symptoms do not lessen with rest, ice, compression (ACE wrap for swelling) and elevation if tolerated for swelling, then see a physician for evaluation including x-ray.

NSAIDS may also help.

Take care.
 lori_lu86 - Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:20 am

great! thank you so much!

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here