"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: Lower back pain popping to relieve pressure

anarchy89 - Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:58 pm

I have a constant lower back pain, feels like it is not fully in place. Before I got to bed, and occasionally during the day, I have to twist until the bottom loudly pops into place. Sometimes requires multiple pops to relieve stress on the spine.
 Tom Plamondon PA-C - Thu May 14, 2009 9:01 pm

If the spine hurts until you pop it may mean the spine is mal-aligned at the intervertebral level. Chiropractors specialize in re-aligning the spine however you should add spine stabilizing exercises after any adjustment.

Chronic laxity of vertebral joint that slip in and out of place puts you at increased risk of arthritis in the spine due to shear forces on the facet joints. Therefore, diligence with stabilization exercises is important.