News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: [b]X-RAY shows --[quote]L5 LUMBAR SPONDYLITIS[/quote][/b]

shaiz - Fri May 01, 2009 12:31 pm

Hello there.....
I am a Final Year Engineering Student, female, 20 years old. i have been experiencing MILD lower back pain since three years , i did see a doctor and was given calcium pills which i had regularly. the pain did stay constantly bt would errupt if i had hard schedules.
But since this Feb month the pain was worsening , i got an x-ray of my back, and the doctor said its-L5 lumbar spondylitis. initially light pain killers would work bt now i had to take tramadole everyday. i have been prescribed some excersises and given a belt. I do not have any family history of back pain or spondylitis.
Is this diseases curable? will i be able to lead a normal life again? i had planned to get married next year..will this create problem in my after married relationships...child-birth .etc...
Please help...i am very depressed...cant concentrate anywhere becoz of pain and with the feel that i am not normal anymore....PLEASE REPLY

YOUR'S SINCERELY
SHAISTA

(MAY LORD GIVE BEST BLESSINGS TO ALL DOCTORS LENDING A HELPING HAND TO DEPRESSED PATIENTS)
 Tom Plamondon PA-C - Thu May 14, 2009 9:17 pm

User avatar Hello,
It sounds like you have been diagnosed with localized inflammation at the L5 level and not diagnosed with ankylosing spondylitis.

If there is no infection or erosion at this level (which would have been picked up by the physician), then be reassured that the spine should heal and the pain levels decrease with time.

Pain control and exercise to tolerance (walking and swimming) are the mainstays of therapy.

Take care and let us know how it goes.

God bless you.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here