News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: need answers regarding new ameritox ua's

mednic - Sun May 03, 2009 2:52 pm

i was in a car accident when i was 7 yrs old, 1983. i'm now 33. i had an emergency spinal fusion. the area damaged in my spine caused complete feet parallysis and partial leg parallysis. over the years, 26 to be precise, my hip joints have become dislocated due to lack of muscles in my thigh area. i could walk on fore-arm crutches. when i was pregnant w/ my 1st child, the docs confined me to a wheelchair because of the weight being put on my back and hips. i was considered high risk pregnancy. two yrs later i was blessed w/ another child. my main concern these days is the chronic pain i have in my hips and back. i also have arthritis throughout my entire spinal cord. i went to get my pain meds from my clinic last week and they had me take an ameritox ua. i feel i was treated unfairly because i did not have an appointment nor have I signed an ameritox contract. i have nothing to worry about w/ the test but i just want to know why or how they can just pop a test on me like that. i signed a pain contract when i began my pain management, but this was years ago. [b]if anyone out there knows anything about the ameritox ua's, please post. or if anyone has excruciating pain like i do, lets compare notes!![/b]
 Tom Plamondon PA-C - Thu May 14, 2009 9:23 pm

User avatar Hello,
Ameritox is a test to see if you have the appropriate levels of narcotics in your system. In other words, are you taking them as prescribed or are you taking too much or not enough (some people sell the rx narcotics).

Your pain contract should state that you may be randomly tested.

I would discuss this with the office manager and the physician to review the pain med contract.

Take care.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here