Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: lower back pain

sheena - Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:44 am

[color=darkblue][/color]
I had an epidural, when I had my little girl in october 2003. Since the I have had back pain so extreme that I can hardly stand it. The pain is in my lower back and my butt. Not always, but sometimes it continues into my right leg all the way to my knee. :x When it does that I cant move it hurts so bed. I know it is normal to have pain for a while after words but it has been 16 months and the pain is unbearable. What could it be and what should I do?
 Kathy C, RN - Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:08 pm

Hi Sheena, You did not mention if you had a vaginal birth for your child? Have you had any diagnostic testing for this? If not it sounds like you should to find out what exactly is causing you so much pain. It must be hard caring for a young child while having so much pain.
 drgreghaitz - Mon Mar 28, 2005 2:07 pm

User avatar Sounds like it could be a sacroiliac joint sprain. Chiropractic treatmnets can work wonders for this type of injury. The pain is commonly referred to as post partum pelvic pain. It may be related to the epidural, but most likely not. Dr. Haitz

|