News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

Forum Name: Bone trauma and fractures

Question: dislocated shoulder

scali71 - Mon May 18, 2009 7:38 pm

Diagnosed with dislocated shoulder and torn rotator cuff. I had an MRI done and it stated:

Findings were consistent with subtle partial tear and/or tendinosis rotator cuff with minimal secondary findings.

I had filed for VA disability for maximin benefits I needed to show dislocation of the clavicle or scapula or nonunion of the clavicle or scapula with loose movement.

Would I not have this with with the dislocation?

Thanks in advance
 Tom Plamondon PA-C - Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:26 pm

User avatar Hello,
A shoulder dislocation does not necessarily disrupt, damage or dislocate the clavicle or scapula.

The dislocation of shoulder is specific to the glenohumeral joint which is comprised of the distal lateral scapula and the proximal humerus.

Unless the MRI showed a problem with the clavicle or scapula specifically then they are not considered damaged.

Take care.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here