Question: Ribs and scapula fissure fracture

pharm77 - Wed May 20, 2009 10:04 pm

I had hairline(fissure) fractures in my first and second rib and also in the scapula of the right shoulder. they were faint in the x-ray photoes. after 5 years i made another confirmatory x-ray on the same reigons... and i have got the report which said that there were no fractures happened. is that possible that the bones are completely healed that they did not show up in the x-ray photoes after those years?
 Tom Plamondon PA-C - Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:47 pm

Yes, I would expect the hairline fractures to heal by 5 years and no evidence of fracture lines during that time is to be expected.

No fracture lines are a good sign of healing!

|