Question: Zygomatic Buttress Fracture ( cheeck bone fracture )

bigal4316 - Thu May 21, 2009 5:16 pm

So sat. the 16th was my 21st and it didnt end very well.. I ended up in a fist fight with my roomate and the results werent good. I havent been to the doctors due to paying for school on my own and not having insurance or parents to help out.
In the meantime I have done quite the amount of research and from my symptoms I believe I have fractured my zygomatic buttress.

My symptoms include.
- Complete balck eye
- Blood on right side of right eye
- Swelling of entire right cheeck.
- Still blood in my flem spit
- Numbness of cheek, lip, and no feeling in about 6 teeth
- Chest pain on right side ( could this be blood? )
- Slight vision impairment on right eye. ( will this get better? )
- Slight upper 6 teeth misalignment on right side ( how is this possible if my upper jaw seems to be fine? )
- not much pain, just more or less constant pressure
- Can lightly push and move what feels to be the fracture up near eye and nose
- when doing so I can feel it in my gums where I have no feeling in those 6 teeth
- Definitely can feel some sort of bone movement

Although- there isnt any sinking or "hole" on cheek and symmetry seems to be there from what I can see and others can see. Unless slight swolleness is masking a slight asymmetry. I can also grap my Maxillary ( upper jaw ) wiggle, push, pull, etc and nothing happens. IE no pain or movement etc.

So its been 4 days now and Im wondering what my options are. I have no insurance or a way to pay for health care. Is there anyway that I can have this surgery performed regardless of my financial situation. Its just really hard to pay for school, living expense, vehicle, etc and go to school 50 hours a week and not have a job either, let alone pay for surgery.

Any insight or help would be greatly appreciated. What am I up against

Thanks in Advance, Allen
 Tom Plamondon PA-C - Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:05 pm

It is important to have a physician evaluate your condition ASAP. Who knows at this point what bone may be fractured and if any, to what extent.

Fractured maxillary bones for example have potential of not healing, infections, loss of vision, and loss of teeth.

It would be worth the cost to have this taken care sooner than later.

|