News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: crowded ribs and chronic back pain for last four years

jennya - Sat May 23, 2009 6:36 am

I am a 22 year gal, Ther is a swelling on my right ribs and i can feel it. i had back pain for the last four yearrs. I hav fall on my back for 4 times during these years. At the earlier stage the pain was at my lower back if i walked or sit for a long time.Before some months the pain started at the upper spine at a particular point and i feel like its effect is radiating to hands too as pain and other difficulties like weakness. And also have pain and the same difficulties with legs also below the knees. When I consulted an orthopedic ,he asked for the x-ray of ribs and lumbar spine. He told like the ribs are crowded not causing any serious problem & there was nothing with spinal x-ray. Also i feel struggle to breath when getting some preasure on the body while massaging or doing physiotherapy. Also feel some difficulties with legs and gasping when climbing the steps.Then am asked for MRI. I havent done it yet. for the last one month i have frequent urination also particularly in night or when am taking rest on bed.I kindly request to help me to know my actual problem.
 Tom Plamondon PA-C - Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:04 pm

User avatar Hello,
You have described multiple symptoms:
    right rib cage swelling and pain
    low back pain
    upper spine pain radiating to the hands
    arm and leg weakness
    pain below the knees.
    difficulty breathing with massage,physical therapy and climbing steps

I would consider an MRI of the cervical and lumbar spine. You will need to rule out neurological problems.

It is also important to check reflexes in the arm and leg tendons and sensation in the limbs as nerve problems in the spine can affect these areas.

All the best to you.
 jennya - Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:22 am

hi ..
I am very thankful to Doctors Lounge for considering my problem.
thank you.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here