Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: neck pain and head numbness

lahoosier40 - Sat May 23, 2009 10:40 am

About a month ago I was drinking for my birthday and I blacked out in my bed. I woke up in a real awkward position and my neck was killing me. I went to scratch my head and the left side of the back of my head was numb or felt different then the rest of my head. The next two days I was unable to make quick movements with my head to the left. The neck pain eventually went away but the back left side of my head still feels weird. Whenever I yawn or cough I can feel it up my left side of my neck and linked to my left side of the top of my head. Is this something that will go away or could I have permanently damaged something from sleeping in an awkward position?
 Tom Plamondon PA-C - Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:06 pm

This is most likely a muscle strain from sleeping in an awkward position and should resolve with time.

Moist heat, NSAIDs, and gentle stretching may help.

|