News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

Forum Name: Bone trauma and fractures

Question: Fractured wrist, jarred while in cast

naf - Sat May 23, 2009 6:39 pm

Hi, I broke my wrist (radius, simple fracture) 13 days ago. Today I had an experience that resulted in me reacting reflexively and jerking my arm away suddenly and violently. I am experiencing a mild, dull pain in the fractured area. Would incidents such as this affect the healing to any noticeable degree, or am I just being paranoid? And am I safe to assume that anything that could cause the bone to shift at this point would result in strong, sharp pain (similar to the pain of the initial break)?
 Tom Plamondon PA-C - Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:29 pm

User avatar Hello,
I would expect if the bone shifted from the jerking motion swelling would increase and you would feel pressure mounting in the cast.

Nevertheless, if this is a concern to you and want to know the status of the fracture consult the orthopedist who may want to x-ray it.

Take care.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here