Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: Back pain followed by leg pain

sagemorse - Tue May 26, 2009 10:35 pm

Hello...I'm not sure that I posting this question in the right spot. I have undiagnosed issues where I fall often and land hard. In the last year I believe I've fallen at least 6 times and have messed my back up considerably. I fell again 2 weeks ago and was experiencing extreme lower back & knee pain (i landed on my eft knee hard & went to muy doctor who gave me medicine. My back started feeling better, not great, but better in the last 3 days and all of a sudden I started feeling this discomfort in the back of both legs. It starts mid thigh and goes down to the bottom of my heels and walking feels FAR from good. Today I also discovered the formation of 5 new bruises, yet I've hit nothing or run into nothing to cause them. 3 are on my upper (back) arm and 2 are in the vacinity of my right ankle and right calf (back). does this sound like something I should be concerned by? Thank you so very much. God's blessings!
 Tom Plamondon PA-C - Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:51 pm

Although 32 y.o. is young for spinal stenosis, I would scan both the cervical and lumbar spine for any narrowing of the central canal.

Two clues which tell me to scan the spine are 1. balance problems 2. leg pain bilaterally which worsens with walking.

|