News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

Forum Name: Bone trauma and fractures

Question: Bruised cheek bone - when will goose egg disappear

cln709 - Wed May 27, 2009 8:03 am

Good morning - I have a very painful goose egg on my cheekbone right under the outside corner of my eye. This was achieved by quickly reaching down to grab my cat as he was darting out into the garage and cracking my cheekbone on the corner of a shelf unit that did not give. It has been 4 days. The majority of swelling has receeded - icing and Ibuprofen. The area is slightly off color. It hurts a bit to look up and the sinus near the area is irritated, and I can't touch the actual bruise with out sharp pain. How long should it take for the goose egg to dissipate and the bone bruise to heal?

Thank you very much.
Cindy
 Tom Plamondon PA-C - Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:18 pm

User avatar Hello Cindy,

If the eye pain does not improve or if it worsens in the next few days then see a physician who can order an x-ray to rule out an inferior orbital floor fracture.

Otherwise without any fractures this should continue to heal over the next 2-3 weeks.

All the best to you.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here