Question: Bruised cheek bone - when will goose egg disappear

cln709 - Wed May 27, 2009 8:03 am

Good morning - I have a very painful goose egg on my cheekbone right under the outside corner of my eye. This was achieved by quickly reaching down to grab my cat as he was darting out into the garage and cracking my cheekbone on the corner of a shelf unit that did not give. It has been 4 days. The majority of swelling has receeded - icing and Ibuprofen. The area is slightly off color. It hurts a bit to look up and the sinus near the area is irritated, and I can't touch the actual bruise with out sharp pain. How long should it take for the goose egg to dissipate and the bone bruise to heal?

Thank you very much.
Cindy
 Tom Plamondon PA-C - Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:18 pm

User avatar Hello Cindy,

If the eye pain does not improve or if it worsens in the next few days then see a physician who can order an x-ray to rule out an inferior orbital floor fracture.

Otherwise without any fractures this should continue to heal over the next 2-3 weeks.

All the best to you.

|