News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: lower middle back pain

ddee - Sat May 30, 2009 9:39 am

Hi, I am 28, I have had a burning pain between my right lower rib and the back spine for about 2 to 3 years. the pain comes and goes and it is sharp when I pressured my lower rib. I first noticed the pain after a football game, I used to play often but i was off the field for sometime and when I resumed it, i started to feel the pain since that first day, sometime in early 2007. my doctor had me take all sorts of test, X-rays, Cat-scan 3 times, ultrasound, blood samples, AND MANY other test for Cologne, lung cancers, lower and upper abdominal checks, BUT nothing was detected.

the pain increases when i am stationed in front of my computer and after i have had sexual arousal. i also feel some sharp pain on my lower right tight whenever the back pain starts and these can go for days and night. massage and pressure sometimes help take the burning pain away. sometimes i do feel mild burning but when pressure the pointing-sharp pain disappears. I don't have any swells or bruises around my rib... so what exactly is disturbing me.

I notice if i don't stay in one spot for long time, and if I don't develop sexual feelings the pain is very mild or is not there at all but still it batters my to feel that mild pain.

I never smoke nor drink. Please help me understand .
 Tom Plamondon PA-C - Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:07 pm

User avatar Hello,
A link between back pain and the genitalia in men is the prostate.

I am wondering if you are suffering from an enlarged prostate.

You may consider having the prostate check and a PSA. You are too young for prostate cancer and are at low risk but worth checking - somewhat uncomfortable but simple test.

All the best to you.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here