Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: lower middle back pain

ddee - Sat May 30, 2009 9:39 am

Hi, I am 28, I have had a burning pain between my right lower rib and the back spine for about 2 to 3 years. the pain comes and goes and it is sharp when I pressured my lower rib. I first noticed the pain after a football game, I used to play often but i was off the field for sometime and when I resumed it, i started to feel the pain since that first day, sometime in early 2007. my doctor had me take all sorts of test, X-rays, Cat-scan 3 times, ultrasound, blood samples, AND MANY other test for Cologne, lung cancers, lower and upper abdominal checks, BUT nothing was detected.

the pain increases when i am stationed in front of my computer and after i have had sexual arousal. i also feel some sharp pain on my lower right tight whenever the back pain starts and these can go for days and night. massage and pressure sometimes help take the burning pain away. sometimes i do feel mild burning but when pressure the pointing-sharp pain disappears. I don't have any swells or bruises around my rib... so what exactly is disturbing me.

I notice if i don't stay in one spot for long time, and if I don't develop sexual feelings the pain is very mild or is not there at all but still it batters my to feel that mild pain.

I never smoke nor drink. Please help me understand .
 Tom Plamondon PA-C - Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:07 pm

A link between back pain and the genitalia in men is the prostate.

I am wondering if you are suffering from an enlarged prostate.

You may consider having the prostate check and a PSA. You are too young for prostate cancer and are at low risk but worth checking - somewhat uncomfortable but simple test.

All the best to you.

|