Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: Low back pain and anus pain

Bethminthorn - Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:01 pm

Im a 29 year old female and I hurt my back at work about seven years ago. I have been living with lower back pain ever since, This August I reinjured my back and i went to a neuro surgeon who ordered an MRI. The MRI showed a huge disc herniation in the L5-S1 region. The pain that I experiecne is not only in my lower back but in my tail bone and I get pain in my butt and numbness in both legs and feet from time to time. However, Just recently when I get my period I experince severe pain in my anus which is bothersome when I strain to go the bathroom and when I try to sit. I was wondering if this is normal, when you have a herinaition in this area of your back. By the way I will be having microdisc surgery as soon as I get approved from workers compensation.

Thank you,
Beth
 Kathy C, RN - Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:05 pm

Hi beth
The pain you describe can be from your injury. My family member had a similar injury and going to the bathroom was quite uncomfortable as well as sitting. I wish you luck with your surgery and hope you are pain free soon.
 ld3340 - Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:04 pm

I am sorry to hear of your trouble. I am a 43 year old male. was injured at work. I fell down some steps and landed directly on my left cheek. Primary diagnosis was herniated L45. Two days after I noticed pain after poopin. This was not any ordinary pain. It was the most you could ever imagine coming from that place. I asked my Doc, he said maybe the vicadin stiffened the stool, but it didnt. I went to a GP, and was checked. He was not able to even check the anal cavity because of the pain. His diag: A common every day fissure. A dry crack in the lining or wall of the anus. There wer a few treatment options, some had dangers of eating away at the lining. Nitro was one that was referred quite often. I used Tucks pads, and layed on the couch with tears down my face. It's kinna wierd, it didnt hurt while going, or, for about 5 minutes after, but then it was the most painful thing I ever had. No pain killers would touch it. It lasted 1 month, all I used was a iced cloth, aspirin and tucks. I was very careful not to lift. Just when I could no longer take it, it went away. So good luck, and with something that painful I would still see a Doc about it in case it's something else.

|