Question: Calcium deposit

alecz24 - Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:30 am

Hello.
I am from Romania and pelase excuse me if i misspell english words.
My little brother(male-age of 11) recently accused that his knee hurts when running and "using" his legs.My mother took him to make a radiography of his knee.The nurse and the doctor said there was some kind of calcium deposit !NEAR!-not on the knee joint-his knee joint.I am not sure but my mom was very sad since she got home and me and it seems me and my brother don't know everything about this.I heard my mother talking to my aunt and i accidentaly heard the word "amputation".Is it possible to be that critical?Because after i have "touched" the spot that hurts him it is very small.The difference is not bigger than a small coin.I am very scarred by this because considering the VERY BAD medical system we have in this rubbish place called Romania i am really scared by this thought.I did not have the courage to ask my mother about this because i am afraid of the answer and i want to get the reply from a REAL doctor personally.And i really don't trust this retards that call themselfs doctors.

Isn't there any way to "sculpt" the bone?
The "deposit" is on his right leg near the knee "outwards".

I will be waiting for your answer.Thank you.
 Tom Plamondon PA-C - Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:45 pm

A simple calcium deposit near the knee is not a reason for amputation.

On the other hand cancerous tumors of the bones near the knee can be a reason for amputation for example in osteosarcoma.

It will be important to take the x-ray of the knee to an experienced orthopedist.

If there is a lesion of the knee which looks like cancer, the next step may be a bone biopsy.

Again, a benign calcium deposit on the knee is not reason to amputate.

|