News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

Forum Name: Bone trauma and fractures

Question: Broke Wrist Can't See a Doctor

deesugar - Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:06 pm

I broke my wrist, I know because it has a deformity. I can move my fingers a little. I'm stuck in the mountains where I won't be able to see a doctor for a few days. I'm worried that it will heal misshapen. Other then icing it what should I do and how bad will it be that I can't see a Dr for a few days?
 Tom Plamondon PA-C - Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:53 pm

User avatar Hello,
A broken bone that is deformed or displaced needs attention as soon as possible.

The risk of not realigning the bone are compromise of the blood vessels and nerve supply to the wrist or hand. And the risk of non union may increase.

If there is any skin abrasion or cut in the skin near the fracture, you must get an antibiotic to prevent infection of the bone.

Take care and get medical attention ASAP.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here