News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

Forum Name: Bone trauma and fractures

Question: Wrist Pain from an old injury or Ganglion cyst?

Shareallicu - Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:07 am

Hi,

This is my first time on this board so I hope I make sense.

I fractured my wrist when I was 13 (i am now almost 35) and have had a lump develop on the side of my wrist where I fractured the bone since; I assume its scar tissue... its not really noticeable too much and has never really hurt or caused me any trouble.

A few months ago I developed another lump on the top of the same wrist, possibly a ganglion cyst? its hard and has slowly been getting bigger. And my old wrist injury has been hurting lately with slight numbness in the hand.

My questions are: if it is a ganglion cyst, could it re-injure my old fracture or cause it to hurt? Could it make it worse as it grows? when do ganglion cysts stop growing? seeing a doctor right now in my life would be very financially "painful" so I am praying it is something that will go away eventually without using the old "bible bump" method preferably.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:49 am

User avatar Hello,Ganglion cysts do hurt.It has nothing to do with your old injury.Paracetamol should help you to tide over,and simple aspiration is ok for these cysts which contain synovial fluid.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here