Question: partial knee replacement

steelersfan - Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:44 pm

Had partial knee replacement surgery May 2009. I have still not recovered. I has just at my doctors office on Tuesday and now I am told I have a peice of bone that has broke off behind the replacement on the lower half of the leg. Is this a common or is this something I will have to have surgery to remove?
 Tom Plamondon PA-C - Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:57 pm

This is not an expected or wanted outcome for knee replacement.

The surgeon will most likely need to re-do the replacement but will depend on the size of the chip of bone broken and the problems it is causing with the intergrity of the replacement and the function of the knee.