Forum Name: Degenerative Bone Diseases

Question: Swollen Knee On infants

qapuki - Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:26 pm

My daughter have swollen knee, firstable i thought she was complaining due to an injury, we went to see an orthopedic and did a xray, and no injury did the knee swollen, they told me to do some analysys. then he noticed some kind of infection going on, could anyone tell me wheather this can be complicated matter, beacuse i started to get worried for my 3 years daughter.

Anyone?
 Tom Plamondon PA-C - Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:13 pm

If the child's joint is swollen, red, warm and tender or the physician thinks it is an infection, it is a serious matter.
Infected knees in anyone but in particular the young and the old is a concern as the infection, if not treated, can not only destroy the joint but get into the blood stream and cause the body to become sick (sepsis).

In the young and old in particular, sepsis can cause death.

So, follow what your physician says and get good care for your daughter's knee.

|