News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: History of Herrington rods 14 yrs ago,numness in limbs now

sweetipy82 - Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:42 am

I had severe scoliosis x 14 yrs ago, I had surgery and 2 herrington rods were placed. Spine doc. said they never really fused , but if there not moving alot or causing pain,that it was ok. Ive experience migranes with white aura x 11 years, only lasting 20 min, I am now 27 yrs old, recently after having migranes, numbness in my limbs radiating up my neckand into lips and tounge sometimes. Never last more than 10 min? What could be causing the numbness?
 Tom Plamondon PA-C - Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:06 pm

User avatar Hello,
The numbness in the lips could be caused from hyperventilation however it sounds like it starts in the limbs and works its way up the neck to the tongue and lips.

Also, this is not a usual pattern of nerve disorder from a neck problem.

The mouth numbness is probably a part of the aura that coincides with the migraine.

Take care.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here