News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

Forum Name: Bone trauma and fractures

Question: can't move pinky finger no pain

losoyas - Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:56 pm

i am unable to open my pinky can close fine but cant open all the way and there is no pain at all. cant think of what caused it either didnt really notice tell end of day when i went to open door.
 Debra Van Ness RN - Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:14 am

If you did not injure the finger, I cannot think of why you cannot move it. Any other symptoms? Please be sure to consult a doctor in person very very soon. This could be something neurological which needs attention.
Debra Van Ness RN
 Tom Plamondon PA-C - Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:19 pm

User avatar Hello,
This may be a trigger finger which involves the flexor tendons of the hand. They get stuck closed - like you just pulled a gun's trigger.
Lots of treatment success has been made with steroid injections into the flexor tendons.
See your family physician for accurate diagnosis and treatment.
Take care.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here