Question: Fell on Elbow

apuckett0017 - Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:20 pm

My 2 and half year old daughter fell on her elbow and is keeping it bent to her side. She screams when I straighten it out. Should I take her to the ER. Its has swollen. But she was on her bed when she feel.....I just don't know what to do. All the doctors office are closed so I would need to take her the ER.
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:49 am

My answer to your question is that you must take her to the ER as soon as possible.

Some of the elbow injuries(such as supracondylar fractures of the humerus) can affect the blood supply to the parts beyond the fracture.These fractures can occur in the pediatric age group(although they more often occur in the age group of 6-7 yrs).

Please take it seriously.

|