News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

Forum Name: Bone trauma and fractures

Question: Fell on Elbow

apuckett0017 - Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:20 pm

My 2 and half year old daughter fell on her elbow and is keeping it bent to her side. She screams when I straighten it out. Should I take her to the ER. Its has swollen. But she was on her bed when she feel.....I just don't know what to do. All the doctors office are closed so I would need to take her the ER.
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:49 am

User avatar Hi,
My answer to your question is that you must take her to the ER as soon as possible.

Some of the elbow injuries(such as supracondylar fractures of the humerus) can affect the blood supply to the parts beyond the fracture.These fractures can occur in the pediatric age group(although they more often occur in the age group of 6-7 yrs).

Please take it seriously.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here