News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: lwer pack pain after phyiscal therapy

pistol1959 - Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:27 am

I was in involved in a minor car accident (march 2009). My neck and right shoulder was very painful. I do have a history of neck pain. I immediately started phyiscal therapy-neck improved-shoulder did not. After doing a strength test evaluation again in Aug 09, I started to have lower back pain. I never had a history of this. During the strength test, I was laying on a gurnie that separates if not locked properly. While doing one of the test the bottom part of gurnie slid back and forth.
The therapsit locked it in place. We continued with the test evaluation, the gurnie moved again. Could this be the cause of my lower back pain. I noticed while standing, my pelvic area is more forward. What can be done to correct this problem as I stand all day at work. After an MRI, they found a herniated disc in the thorasic area. I do not believe the thorasic disc is a result of the test...but I never compalined about lower back pain when I first saw this therapist. I also had a severe bladder infection for the first time, I am 50 years old. The back pain started with this and has continued since. Please help.
 Tom Plamondon PA-C - Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:02 pm

User avatar Hello,
It is hard to tell what is going on with the lumbar spine and certainly hard to determine if the table shifting caused the pain. I would talk to the therapist about the matter.

Bladder infections can cause back pain but should resolve with treatment. May also explore possibility of uterine or ovary source of back pain. Also, abdominal aorta aneurysm can cause stabbing, boring back pain.

Take care.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here