Question: trans scaphoid perilunate fracture dislocation

wrist pain 38 - Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:52 pm

I have suffered the above with the addition of 3 ruptured ligaments and 2 damaged nerves. So far i have had orif herbert screw on shattered scaphoid and carpal tunnel release, ligament reconstruction and insertion of k wires for alignment. Wonder what my overall outcome will be as consultant said i had a grade 4 fracture, in other words the most severe type
 Tom Plamondon PA-C - Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:37 pm

You will likely have some hand stiffness and soreness in the hand that will be lasting. The hand obviously is often used and thus will flare up from time to time with inflammation even after everything gets done healing. You may even be able to predict changes in weather i.e. barometric pressure - lots of arthritic patients report their pain levels change with the weather.