Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: severe pain under shoulder blade & chest.

roadsideromeo - Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:58 pm

I was met with an accident 3 months ago,now I have pain in my chest and under shoulder blades.It pains much during sleeping and while coughing.done x-ray,doctor told everything is fine.but it still pain.I was taking prescribed medicine, but they use to give comfort for the period I used them ,after that the problem still persist.I get much comfort when heat is applied onto that area .Is this due to lack of calcium??
 Tom Plamondon PA-C - Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:33 pm

No this is not a result of calcium depletion. A balanced diet of fruits, vegetables, proteins, carbohydrates and low fat dairy should give you enough calcium.

You'll need to check with a chiropractor, osteopath or physical therapist to see if a rib is out of place and thus "put back in place".

|