Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: Unusual knot/kink in the rib/shoulder blade area.

Firewox - Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:36 pm

I have had a kink in my right ribs on my back for over 3 years now. It's been difficult to live with such pain and not have any answer. I used to go to a chiropractor who helped me with it for the first year it appeared but I moved away and have not been to one since, primarily due to lack of funds. I'm tired of taking a pain killer just to gain the ability to sleep. No website or research that I have done has provided me an answer. I'm desperate; I feel that at age 21 I should not be feeling this continuous knot and pain in my back. I've tried massage, heating pads, ice packs, stretches, exercises, and nothing has worked. Any help or suggestions that would give potential to actually curing me is greatly appreciated.
 Tom Plamondon PA-C - Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:16 pm

You will need to determine what the knot is: cyst vs solid mass, is it muscular?

For that you may use ultrasound or CT scan.

Treatment plan follows what type of knot is in the rib area.

|