News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: Unusual knot/kink in the rib/shoulder blade area.

Firewox - Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:36 pm

I have had a kink in my right ribs on my back for over 3 years now. It's been difficult to live with such pain and not have any answer. I used to go to a chiropractor who helped me with it for the first year it appeared but I moved away and have not been to one since, primarily due to lack of funds. I'm tired of taking a pain killer just to gain the ability to sleep. No website or research that I have done has provided me an answer. I'm desperate; I feel that at age 21 I should not be feeling this continuous knot and pain in my back. I've tried massage, heating pads, ice packs, stretches, exercises, and nothing has worked. Any help or suggestions that would give potential to actually curing me is greatly appreciated.
 Tom Plamondon PA-C - Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:16 pm

User avatar Hello,
You will need to determine what the knot is: cyst vs solid mass, is it muscular?

For that you may use ultrasound or CT scan.

Treatment plan follows what type of knot is in the rib area.

Take care.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here