News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: Long term lower back pain

Vinnie1986 - Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:30 am

Hi, i've never posted on anything like this before so i'm not sure what i should be saying but here goes!

I've been suffering from a pretty bad back pain now for 2 months or there abouts - usually when i wake up in the morning it's fine but recently it's started appearing in the mornings aswell.

Before recent times it used to kick in around the mid afternoon time and it's all in the one area - just above my waist line on my back. A couple of times i've felt sharp pains on the right side of my front aswell though, just above the right side of the pelvis.

I've been taking ibuprofen tablets but they don't seem to have any effect on my pain.
 Tom Plamondon PA-C - Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:31 pm

User avatar Hello,
This back pain is probably musculoskeletal in origin. In other words likely not bulging disc or pinched nerve.
It's likely not chronic arthritis otherwise you would have morning stiffness.

You may benefit from some physical therapy to restore normal painfree function.

This can be ordered through your family physician.

Take care.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here