News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: cervical bone spurs

Quinton - Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:31 am

I was recently diagnosed with Spondylosis Deoformas,cervical bone spurs witch cause neck pain and left hand and arm to go numb.Every little bump in the road causes pain.I also have pes plana,Hallux Valgus. Is it likely that this condition of Spondylosis was brought on by my pes plana because flat feet can affect the bodies alignment and posture?
 Tom Plamondon PA-C - Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:19 pm

User avatar Hello,
It is a long way from the foot to the neck.

Pes planus can affect the lumbar spine by internally rotating the tibia and femur placing abnormal stress through the sacroiliac joints and into the spine.

Pes planus' biomechanical affect on the spine is limited to the lumbar area.

Take care.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here