Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: cervical bone spurs

Quinton - Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:31 am

I was recently diagnosed with Spondylosis Deoformas,cervical bone spurs witch cause neck pain and left hand and arm to go numb.Every little bump in the road causes pain.I also have pes plana,Hallux Valgus. Is it likely that this condition of Spondylosis was brought on by my pes plana because flat feet can affect the bodies alignment and posture?
 Tom Plamondon PA-C - Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:19 pm

It is a long way from the foot to the neck.

Pes planus can affect the lumbar spine by internally rotating the tibia and femur placing abnormal stress through the sacroiliac joints and into the spine.

Pes planus' biomechanical affect on the spine is limited to the lumbar area.

|