Question: Severely Sprained Wrist Recovery Time

el-shizzle - Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:17 am

I am a basketball player and I severely sprained my right wrist on monday and went to get xrays done. there was no break but alot of swelling and pain. Today there is 0% swelling and moderate pain, I have about 60% movement of my wrist. How long do you estimate that it will take for me to get full movement of my wrist and 0 pain? do you believe it will be before the 13th? thank you
 Tom Plamondon PA-C - Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:07 pm

It will likely take more than 5 days to be completely healed.

I would expect 1-2 weeks for healing but depends on the extent of the sprain. Some will take longer.

|