News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: Bulging disc in Lumbar

karaemoor - Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:41 pm

Hello, I'm a 42 year old letter carrier. On 1/11/05, I fell while walking my route hitting my left hip on concrete. Other than a severe bruise, I thought I was OK, but a few days later I develop some mild discomfort in my right hip. This progressed over a week until I was unable to stand up straight or extend my right leg without excrutiating pain. My family doctor thought it was related to my hip, but she found nothing wrong through x-rays and an MRI. She referred me to a PT who recognized that it was spine related and referred me to another doctor who had an MRI with plain films done. The results were: Anterior disc bulging with spondylosis noted predominantly at L2-3, L4-5 and L5-S1, posterior narrowing noted at L5-S1, conus medullaris normal at T12-L1, no disc herniation or protrusion at any level, minimal bulging of disc into the neuro-foraminal, bilaterally at L3-4 and L4-5, greater to the right, slight effacement of right dorsal ganglion of L3, no stenosis at any level, moderate neuro-foraminal stenosis bilaterally at L3-4 and L4-5. Since I filed a workman's comp claim, I'm playing the waiting game because they have to approve any treatment and this can take forever. In the meantime, I've picked up some books from the library, and I have been doing exercises from them. I have been taking celebrex for about 2 weeks. While I have noticed a big improvement in my pain, I still cannot lay flat on my stomach without severe pain in my hip. I'm afraid of nerve damage. I do still feel some prickling and numbness, and sometimes when I step up on my right leg it feels like I may fall (not all the time). I've been on light duty at work to keep me active, but when I try to strap a satchel over my shoulder, the pain radiates down the hip, front of thigh and groin. Is there anything else I can do while waiting for approval from workman's comp?
 ginni - Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:33 pm

[color=blue][/color] :roll: :oops: I'm 47 years old female and i've hurt in the middle of my chest and back for 4 years and no doctor can find whats wrong with me.can someone tell me,if bulging disc can cause this much pain? they took my galbladder thinking that was it but it wasn't I'm so tried of hurting please help someone.
marlbosho@aol.com

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here