News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: Treatment for spondylolisthesis? Seriousness?

kaylasmom - Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:01 pm

I have been diagnosed with spondylolisthesis (L4, L5) and would like to know what treatment is best. I have been a competitive runner for years and am wondering if this means I will no longer be able to run. My pain is minimal, but I do have some tingling sensations in my feet. If I continue to run will I do further damage. Can this be fixed so that I can again be a competitive runner or is that out of the question???
Thanks
Tracy
 Summit - Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:49 am

I have a spondi same spot and it was almost grade 3. I did physical therapy for a couple of months. Strengthen the abdominals, this is very very important. Watch your posture also very important. I was also advised by my surgeon to not sleep or lay on my stomach, other than sex, and that was somewhat discouraged too.

Some may not like the next bit of advice I give, but it worked the best for me. I got the best results from a chiropractor, he uses a technique called a spondilo drop. I went to see him for a few months and my pain is pretty much gone except in the mornings, and I no longer have constant pins and needles in my legs, feet, and toes. My grade was also reduced to 25 percent compare to over 50 percent a little more than a grade 2. You should know that my chiropractor is also a M.D. in orthopedics and was a M.D. for a NFL football team. I feel you should extensively research your chiropractor, because I know many of them out there would only make your matter worse. However, the right one with a great reputation could help if you don't want surgery.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here