News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

Forum Name: Bone trauma and fractures

Question: Dent in shin that never healed

hohaha54 - Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:55 am

Hi,

Last year I injured my shin while doing martial arts. Initially there was swelling but I did not take good care of it and continue straining it. After which the swelling subsided but it leaves a dent on my shin. I was worried and begin a long break hoping it would recover. But the dent on my shin did not recover. There is no pain but the dent very obvious when I press it. Is there anyway to heal or recover the dent? Thank you very much.
 Tom Plamondon PA-C - Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:05 am

User avatar Hello,
Most likely the dent is from soft tissue trauma and will likely remain as is...and cause no problems save cosmetic appearances.
To evaluate the underlying bone however, get a lateral view of the tibia will evaluate the bone's integrity and shape.
Again, this is likely benign and should not cause loss of activity level... but certainly have an x-ray done.

Take care.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here