Question: Dent in shin that never healed

hohaha54 - Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:55 am

Last year I injured my shin while doing martial arts. Initially there was swelling but I did not take good care of it and continue straining it. After which the swelling subsided but it leaves a dent on my shin. I was worried and begin a long break hoping it would recover. But the dent on my shin did not recover. There is no pain but the dent very obvious when I press it. Is there anyway to heal or recover the dent? Thank you very much.
 Tom Plamondon PA-C - Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:05 am

Most likely the dent is from soft tissue trauma and will likely remain as is...and cause no problems save cosmetic appearances.
To evaluate the underlying bone however, get a lateral view of the tibia will evaluate the bone's integrity and shape.
Again, this is likely benign and should not cause loss of activity level... but certainly have an x-ray done.

|