News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   



Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

Forum Name: Bone trauma and fractures

Question: Hard Bone-Like lump on my shin

 T10 - Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:37 am

I have a penny-size knot that's hard like bone on my left shin. It doesn't really hurt when I touch it, but it gets aggravating at times. I've been having it for a few months now. I play softball and basketball.
 Tom Plamondon PA-C - Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:26 am

User avatar Hello,
First step is to x-ray the bone to look for stress fracture healing or other bone abnormality to explain the hard bony knot on the shin.
Directly over the anterior tibia (shin bone), not too much soft tissue is present so examining the bone makes sense.

From there, you treat accordingly.

All the best to you.


Check a doctor's response to similar questions


advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application


 advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)



Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2016
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information:
verify here.