Question: how to treat a fractured knee

TripleJumper94 - Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:58 pm

HI, I've had a fractured knee for a few months now and my mother hasn't taken me to see an orthopedist yet. For now I have to wear a knee immobilizer. The pain occurs when i bend my knee to any angle. I want to treat this fast so i can participate in the upcoming track season. Can someone please help me treat my fractured knee?
 Tom Plamondon PA-C - Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:22 am

I assume the fractured bone in the knee was made by a physician who had taken a radiograph and saw a fracture line.

Length of recovery will depend on the type of fracture and the location. In general however, it will take about 6 weeks for healing. During this time, it will be important to maintain leg strength and cardiovascular capacity. The proper regimen can be designed by a professional athletic trainer or physical therapist.

But first, check with your physician about the extent of the fracture, its location and the expected length of healing time...and any precautions or limitations to be observed.

|