News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

Forum Name: Bone trauma and fractures

Question: how to treat a fractured knee

TripleJumper94 - Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:58 pm

HI, I've had a fractured knee for a few months now and my mother hasn't taken me to see an orthopedist yet. For now I have to wear a knee immobilizer. The pain occurs when i bend my knee to any angle. I want to treat this fast so i can participate in the upcoming track season. Can someone please help me treat my fractured knee?
 Tom Plamondon PA-C - Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:22 am

User avatar Hello,
I assume the fractured bone in the knee was made by a physician who had taken a radiograph and saw a fracture line.

Length of recovery will depend on the type of fracture and the location. In general however, it will take about 6 weeks for healing. During this time, it will be important to maintain leg strength and cardiovascular capacity. The proper regimen can be designed by a professional athletic trainer or physical therapist.

But first, check with your physician about the extent of the fracture, its location and the expected length of healing time...and any precautions or limitations to be observed.

Take care.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here