News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: Lack of spinal fluid

Theresa - Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:51 am

I hope someone might be able to help me understand a possible cause of spinal fluid missing in the spine. A diagnosis of osteoarthritis in the neck and spinal stenosis have been made by one neurologist. In addition, the neurologist stated that the spinal fluid flows from the brain to the neck area, then is absent from the spine for about two inches, but is visible again, and continues downward, after the "empty" area. Numbness, pain and active spasms are present in the left arm. I have had no luck researching this and not much more luck in getting straight answers. I am hoping someone can give me any information, even if it is minimal, about what may be causing this and if there are treatment options available. It would like to add, for clarity, that this is not my condition, but the condition of my mother who is 53 years old.
 siroos - Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:31 am

how to improve spinal fluid.help to increes if the levels too low.
does too much sex reduces the spinal fluid? please help me un derstand.an increese in number of times a person is having sex effects the spine in any way? thanks

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here