Question: Fractured Midfoot

sandragolis - Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:02 pm

I dropped my couch on my foot 2 weeks ago. I went to Urgent care not having any insurance and being low on funds I didnt agree to an xray. Doctor said I have a small fracture. I have a big bump on my midfoot. it is still blue and swollen. I didnt get put in a cast or a boot since it was expensive I ordered a boot online and will get it on Friday. I have been putting weight on it...but it doesnt hurt to walk. Im not sure if im making it worse. Will the boot help?? What are some signs of my foot healing? What should I do? Its been 2 weeks and im frustrated because I want it to go away. Having no insurance is also frustrating.
 Tom Plamondon PA-C - Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:31 pm

Without a definitive picture of the bones (x-ray), it is difficult to advise on course of treatment or prognosis.
At this point, you should consider using crutches for a couple weeks (no weight on the foot), elevate the foot and take analgesics as needed then reassess the foot's function, pain levels and swelling.

If after two weeks of basically doing nothing with the foot and it is no better, you ought to get an x-ray.

|