Forum Name: Spinal problems and back pain

Question: Residual Sacral Disc- MRI report

wilykit11001 - Mon May 02, 2005 7:27 pm

I have a question reguarding an MRI of my back. I suffer from lower back pain and am recieving physical therapy for it. what confuses me and m therapist is the MRI report notes a residual sacral disc at s1-s2. according to the models and posters and training of the physical therapy office, s1-s2 should be fused together and there should be no disc. can anyone please explain this? the doctor who ordered the MRI said its normal, however it is on the MRI report as a special note, which to me means something unusual. and since my doctor is reluctant to prescribe even the low dose 2.5mg percocet or tylenol 2 or 3 and i am in constant pain that the norflex barely touches, any advice would be appreciated. thank you in advance.
Dave
 wilykit11001 - Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:36 pm

wilykit11001 wrote:I have a question reguarding an MRI of my back. I suffer from lower back pain and am recieving physical therapy for it. what confuses me and m therapist is the MRI report notes a residual sacral disc at s1-s2. according to the models and posters and training of the physical therapy office, s1-s2 should be fused together and there should be no disc. can anyone please explain this? the doctor who ordered the MRI said its normal, however it is on the MRI report as a special note, which to me means something unusual. and since my doctor is reluctant to prescribe even the low dose 2.
5mg percocet or tylenol 2 or 3 and I am in constant pain that the norflex barely touches, any advice would be appreciated. thank you in advance.
Dave

As of yet I still know nothing about this and am still in pain. Please, if anyone has an answer for me, either an axplanation of the problem or some way to treat it, let me know. post here, or you can e-mail me directly at Wilykit11001@aol.com Thank you!

|