Question: Car accident has led to rib pain..

LibbyDenyer - Sat May 14, 2005 3:55 pm

I was recently in a bad accident, but chose not to recieve medical treatment. I was only sore and was recovering, until a week later when i fell and landed across a toilet seat ( standing on the lid when it broke) I was unable to breathe for a few minutes. Since then the pain is considerably worse and there is a large swell on one of the upper ribs just below my breast. Should I see a doctor? (no insurance) or is it just bruised and time will heal it?Deep breaths hurt, can't cough or get up and down. Please help!
 Theresa Jones, RN - Tue May 17, 2005 8:59 am

User avatar Hi LibbyDenyer,
Considering your symptoms, this warrants an evaluation. Most hospitals/clinics have programs in place that assist people whom are uninsured/underinsured that's essentially based on income and need. Inquire if one of these programs are in place at your health care facility and go for an evaluation.