News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Orthopedics Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Orthopedics Answers List

Forum Name: Bone trauma and fractures

Question: Injured Knuckle (dislocated, broken???)

oreogod - Sat May 14, 2005 4:22 pm

Long story short, I punched a wall a couple times out of frustration over something stupid. The next few days there was yellowish brusing around the knuckle of my right ring finger. The bruise went away and everything seemed fine, except when I clenched my hand into a fist there was some minor discomfort.

Anyway over the last two days, over my ring finger knuckle there seems to be a bluish round bubble (its blue and round-ish in shape) and whenever I close my hand into a fist it feels uncomfortable, there is also some dull discomforting pain around the area when I pick up objects of even minor weight. The blue round thing moves with the knuckle and its sensitive to the touch, and is definitly visible to the eye. This may not be the best descripiton, but do u think I might have dislodged something (vein, bone, dislocated the knuckle)? There is also pain in the metacarpal area on the back of my hand when pressure is applied.

Anyway help or suggestions would be nice. I don't have insurance at the moment but whereever you point me to go I will do it. Thanks.

--Dustin
 Theresa Jones, RN - Mon May 16, 2005 6:25 am

User avatar Hi oreogod,
From your description it's sounds like a possible dislocation which should be evaluated. Most hospitals or clinics have programs designed that provide assistance to people whom are uninsured/underinsured based on income, responsibilities etc. It would be to your benefit to inquire if your health care faciltiy has such a program in place. Most people aren't aware of these because they aren't informed to ask.
Sincerely,
Rntdj

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here